Feeling guilty because you work and your dog gets left alone in the house or yard all day? As we all work long hours, it's hard to find time to exercise and play with the family dog when you get home from work. Dog daycare is the answer for many dog owners.
Dog daycare is good for your dog, and for you. You'll both be less stressed at the end of the day. A good dog daycare center will ensure that your dog gets plenty of exercises, so he won't have the energy to dig or chew, or indulge in any other bad behavior when he gets home.
The best dog daycare services have toys, various play areas, games, and daily walks for the dogs which stay at the center all day. The dogs are not crated or locked up, they're free to play with other dogs of similar temperament.
When you visit the dog daycare center, look for:
* Play equipment to keep dogs entertained and active;
* Separate areas for dogs of different temperaments and needs;
* Supervision – there should always be someone keeping an eye on the dogs to ensure that there's no aggression or bullying. Ideally, the staff should have qualifications in dog training, management, and grooming;
* Dog walks – the dogs should be walked, at least once a day;
* Diet service – older dogs and young dogs have different dietary needs, and these should be catered for;
* An on-call vet.
The dog daycare center should be clean, and should smell sweet – any messes should be promptly cleaned up.